GoodMaps Explore What's New
by Unknown, 1/15/2021
- Create new POIs so you can easily remember where that crack in the sidewalk is or your favorite store that doesn't appear in with Foursquare or Apple Maps POIs. POIs that you create appear on the Favorites Tab and work like other POIs; you can navigate to them, hear them announced if they are nearby, set them as a Getting Warmer POI, and find them when using Lookaround.
- Want to open another app and still get Location notifications? Now you can! While Explore is in the background or while you phone is locked, you can hear updates about your direction, nearest address, upcoming intersections, nearby POIs, and Getting Warmer POI.
- Customize how often you hear Location information on the Configuration page. Set the frequency of notifications for direction, nearest address, nearby POIs, and Getting Warmer POI. Options include 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 60 seconds, 120 seconds, and never.
- Points of Interest from Apple Maps are here! You can choose between Foursquare and Apple Maps as the source of POI information. Switch from Foursquare to Apple Maps on the Configurations page. Available for iOS 14 and newer.
- Add a Getting Warmer POI to your Location information to get updates on how far away you are from that POI.
- Worried about losing favorites or configuration options? When you delete Explore or switch devices, your data is automatically saved. No need to re-add favorite POIs or customize your configuration options.
- The formula for announcing nearby POIs has been adjusted to improve how POIs are announced when stationary and when moving.
- Shake to get Location information is now audio-only. The information that used to appear on screen will still be announced.
- The design of the tutorials has been enhanced for better usability with screen readers.
- Enhancements to CPS that improve indoor Directions and Lookaround.
- Improvements to non-English versions of Explore.
- Minor bug fixes.
Learn more about GoodMaps Explore.