Mid-Level Product Designer
Access Explorer is a digital mapping and accessible navigation company dedicated to making indoor spaces more accessible, safe, and productive. Access Explorer was founded in January 2019 by American Printing House for the Blind. Our solution was designed for anyone looking for an easier way to get where they're going. It's the difference between finding their way and knowing the way. It allows people who are blind or visually impaired to independently navigate through a venue and easily locate entrances, elevators, restrooms and other points of interest.
- GoodMaps - An indoor digital mapping platform that creates, maintains, and controls accurate 2D and 3D digital maps of any given space.
- LiDAR Mapping and Positioning Technology - Creating accurate digital maps of a given space and installing positioning technology.
- CAVU - An indoor navigation mobile app that provides a trusted wayfinding experience to people who are blind and visually impaired.
We are hiring a Product Designer who will report to the Director of Products and User Experience. You will work side-by-side with our team and focus on CAVU and GoodMaps. As a Product Designer, your responsibilities run the gamut of user experience (UX) and product design: User research, user interface (UI) creation, wireframes, prototypes, iterative design, quality assurance testing, working with developers, working with clients, and interacting with professional researchers. Since we wear many hats, you will also have insight into business operations, funding, marketing, and product development. Be a part of a collaborative culture where your talent can shape the future of indoor navigation!
- 3-4 years experience as a User Experience Designer, Interaction Designer, or Product Designer
- 3+ years experience with responsive design for web
- 3+ years experience designing mobile applications
- 3+ years experience with graphic design
- 2+ years experience with Sketch (or similar)
- 2+ years experience with Adobe CC (Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Experience with a variety of user research methods
- Coding ability is not required for this role
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal)
- Comfort with MacOS for daily use
- Experience with accessible design across web and mobile
- Experience implementing WCAG 2.1 AA standard
- Familiarity with Zeplin
- Familiarity with Jira
- Familiarity with Confluence
The Product Designer role will:
- Create mobile application and web user interface (UI) designs
- Create a product that solves a problem and generates revenue
- Design required elements for publishing an app to the App Store and Play Store
- Work in an Agile/Lean environment
- Self-start solutions when you see a problem
- Frequently show work in progress and take feedback on it
- Present and debate your ideas
- Interact with a small, enthusiastic team in the office and remotely
- Handle changes in priority and be flexible with changes in schedule
PDF or URL portfolio required.